Some of the action verbs used to assess comprehension are as follows:
Associate, change, clarify, classify, construct, contrast, convert, decode, defend, describe, differentiate, discriminate, discuss, distinguish, estimate, explain, express, extend, generalize, identify, illustrate, indicate, infer, interpret, locate, paraphrase, predict, recognize, report, restate, rewrite, review, select, solve, translate.
Some examples of learning outcomes that demonstrate evidence of comprehension are:
• Differentiate between civil and criminal law
• Identify participants and goals in the development of electronic commerce.
• Predict the genotype of cells that undergo meiosis and mitosis.
• Explain the social, economic and political effects of World War I on the post-war world.
• Classify reactions as exothermic and endothermic.
• Recognize the forces discouraging the growth of the educational system in Ireland in the 19th century.